If you suspect the abuse of seniors or adults with disabilities, report it immediately to the DHSS Hotline
- DHSS Hotline: (800) 392-0210
If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, report it immediately to the Child Abuse Hotline* or call 911.
- Missouri Hotline: (800) 392-3738
- For hearing and speech impaired, please contact Relay Missouri 1-800-735-2466 (voice) or 1-800-735-2966 (text phone).
*The Children’s Division Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline Unit accepts confidential reports of suspected child abuse, neglect, or exploitation. Reports are received through a toll-free telephone line which is answered seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
If the child is in immediate danger, call 911.
What to do if you think a child has been abused:
- Keep calm
- Listen to the child
- Reassure the child that they did the right thing by telling
- Reassure the child that they are not in trouble
- Answer the child’s questions honestly
- Report the allegations to the police and the Children’s Division
- Don’t pressure the child to talk about the allegations
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673